The sealed units use a special coating on the exterior panes to provide self-cleaning properties. Self-cleaning glass provides the ultimate in low maintenance glazing.
Our low maintenance glazing range uses glass with a coating that has both catalytic and hydrophilic properties. This uses natural light from the sun and rainwater to break down and clear away organic dust and dirt from the exterior panes. After the sun begins to break down the surface dirt, the self-cleaning coating stops water forming as droplets by causing any rain to spread out along the window, creating a sheet of water to wash debris off the pane. This results in a streak-free surface because the window dries evenly and quicker than windows that form droplets before draining.
Self-cleaning glass offers the following benefits:
- Glass stays cleaner for longer
- Reduces window cleaning costs
- Requires no expensive equipment for high window cleaning
- Environmentally friendly – less detergents used
- Easy maintenance for conservatory roofs or difficult window locations
- Better visibility when raining